Saturday, May 1, 2010

Favourite



It’s difficult for me choice one artist, because I love the art in general from the prehistory until the postmodern art. But one of my favorite artists is Joel-Peter Witkin. He is a particular postmodern artist. Joel Peter-Witkin has worked with corpse, hermaphrodite, person or things that not want to see in the society, reject people. This is his characteristic of Witkin. His fascination for things like this is because when he was a child; he saw an accident and this marked his life. I knew this artist in a course of Esthetic, in my first year in the career. I searched on internet about he and I surprised me, I considered his work fascinated, really.

His work can be considerate awful or shocked, it depends of the person in particular. For me, is a great artist, he used the corpse for artistic form, he used the canonic pictures (like Las meninas of Velázquez, The birth of Venus of Botticelli or Ingres) as inspiration from his works and he reproduce this pictures, using the body of different people, who has been reject in the society, as hermaphrodite, midget or deformed. Witkin had taken to this people and he has showed to this people of different form in the art’s world. In the art, where I think all is possible.





No comments:

Post a Comment